Sunday, September 20, 2009

You hear it...now do it

Hmmmm....so many thoughts going through this head of mine.

I guess the most powerful thought in there at the moment is the advice you often hear but you don't often follow through with - well I don't anyway. A beautiful lady at work is sadly struggling with her health and she said "please live every moment as your last". I heard it and yet, at the time, I barely had the time to give her any time to talk to her. I need to change that I think. I need to focus on doing my best with each task that I take on and choosing to be happy. I am in the end in control of my life. If I give my best and work hard, that is all anyone can ask - I am sick of the unrealistic expectations that other people put onto me. I often spend so much of my life worrying about what others think or that I am not measuring up to other people's expectations and I think that mindset just paralyzes me anyway.

Well, let's start today. Today I don't want to be "On the wire annie" - that is what T has been calling me lately - because I am always just getting everything done in the nick of time. My beautiful husband has been working so hard lately - it makes my heart ache for him the amount of hours he is doing to get us ahead. Well, I want to spring clean the house today and make him a beautiful dinner so that he can come home to a haven. Then, I am going to do some marking and email my students their results so that they will be happy. I also want to get some stress relief with my high intensity dance aerobics DVD - I haven't done that one in ages - am looking forward to it.

On the healthy eating topic, on the way home this morning I so wanted a jam doughnut. Then, I realised that I am GLAD (yes, glad) that I have 30Kg to lose because I think if I only had 5Kg to lose I would have stopped and gobbled a jam doughnut. I don't even know what it is with jam doughnuts at the moment but I seem to want one all the time. When I really think about it, it is more just the distraction or the habit that I want - I don't really want the taste of the doughnut. Anyway, I thought for so long about buying a doughnut but then I just came to the conclusion that I want to be the slimist that I can be for the wedding (which isn't that far away) and I also said to myself that the reality is that while I am 30Kg overweight, I can't be splurging on the odd jam doughnut. Jam doughnuts are not just a little treat - they are a huge, fat-laden points busting treat. So my winning self talk this morning was "Do everything that you can to be the slimist you can be for the wedding and you can save some treats for when you get to goal". Of course, when I actually get to goal, I will have to tackle the whole moderation thing to make sure I stay at goal. But at least I know I will get to goal.

At the party last night, I also was reminded of the fact that being happy is the best beauty product. It doens't matter if you are big, little, not coventionally beautiful or model beautiful, personality is the key so be free and enjoy each moment.

Life has been busy but I am finding this busy life is so rewarding and the business has been making it easier for me to trim down - I am no longer hiding away from the world.

1 comment:

  1. From your recent posts it really does sound like you're getting the Buzz!! Yahh!! I agree with the slow and steady approach. I have only lost 3.4kg all term and I am aiming to lose another 2.6 before Christmas. Some people lose that in a week!! However, I am thinking of sustainability. I feel like I can keep eating like this forever--rather than thinking that this is a diet that I will eventually finish and then go back to how I used to eat (and we all know what happens then). So I do have wine or dessert sometimes, I find that I can eat about 24 points a day if I exercise and still lose 2 or 300g a week at the moment. And 24 points is no great hardship. Not a lot of room for jam doughnuts though!!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete