Monday, September 28, 2009

Determined

I am determined today to stick to my points, exercise and drink my water. I am a little over points at the moment to where I intended to be by 10 am but I have a plan to stay within points by the end of the day. I don't expect to lose weight this week (weigh day = Wednesday) but if I can stay within points today and tomorrow, it is going to give me a head start for next week.

I am picking up motivation from the Weight Watchers message boards. This is what other people have done to make them successful:

- get motivated by someone else and keep someone else motivated

- if you fall off, get straight back on

- losing weight isn't a choice - it has to be done

- the whole thing is a hobby not a chore

- personal training

- journal

- determination to get to goal

- wanting it

- take it day by day

- deal with emotional issues head on

- make myself accountable

- actually follow the program

- guilt has no place on the journey

- focus on what a healthier eater would do

- don't let the numbers get you down or hype you up

- staying to the point allowance


I have highlighted the tips above that resonate with me the most in bold.

In the middle of this post, I have just had an emotional phone call from my mother. I asked her a stupid question I guess. She caught up with someone we both know and I asked mum if that person had lost any weight because I knew that person was trying to lose weight. Mum didn't really answer my question but went on and on (in a glorified way) about three other people we know who are my age that have been losing heaps of weight by basically starving themselves. Then she pestered me about things that I should be doing in other areas of my life that I have already done but I have just done them in different ways to how she would have done them. This conversation made me want to run from the phone and cry. When I type out the issues here - they seem quite stupid really. If I was reading this from someone else, I probably would not be able to understand why they are upset. Yet, this sort of interaction with my mother upsets me. Now, to overcome these feelings, I am going to ignore her negativity, focus on my goals for today of staying to points, exercising and drinking water and getting some work done and the house tidy....and, breathe :).

I am going to get to goal eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment