Friday, September 25, 2009

BMI Time

I started doing some reading and research last night about fertility and obesity. This research has made it all the more clear to me how important it is for me to get to a healthy weight. It is weird that as I have actually lost a little bit of weight, I start to feel really good about myself and THINK that I am slimmer than I actually am. But, if I calculate my BMI, I am currently still OBESE and NEED to lose weight for my health.

I started at 101.6Kg with a BMI of 36.1 = VERY OBESE

Currently I am 94.5Kg with a BMI of 33.7 = OBESE
.
.
.
10.5Kg to go until I get to...

84Kg which will make my BMI 29.8 = OVERWEIGHT - celebration time!!
.
.
.
then, another 14Kg to go until I get to...

70Kg which will make my BMI 24.8 = HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE - super celebration time!!

That is a total of 24.5Kg to shed until I am HEALTHY. I did have a total of 31.6Kg to lose at the beginning of this whole effort. But, I need to and must keep going. I know how to do it. If I keep going at my slow pace of on average 300grams a week, it should take me another 82 weeks.

Let the count down begin. Who knows if I am super good at tracking, drinking water and mixing up my exercise, it might even happen sooner.

So, my new little countdown is currently at: Week 1 of 82 to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss *Buzz*,

    thanks for leaving a comment. very glad i was able to help. i am also very glad to discover that someone actually reads my blog. lol. i really do recommend doing the bridge climb, it's absolutely amazing! feel free to drop me a line anytime :) all the best with your weight loss, but maybe aim to raise your average to 400g rather than 300g...just for a bit of extra motivation!

    ReplyDelete