I was sticking to points and water so well and then T got fish and chips. No one forced me to eat it but I did and I felt (and still feel) so bad for it! Well, I should have just said that is a blip on my record, now get on with the healthiness. But, because I felt like a total stuff up and I am feeling so much the pressure of the wedding in November, I decided to eat heaps of chocolate biscuits. I am not sure of the points for the fish and chips - I am estimating 22 points for that and the chocolate biscuits came to 10 points - that makes me 32 points over my limit for today and today is the first day of my week!!
I am letting myself be defeated because I am concentrating too much on not being able to get to my goal. I am so stressed out about how I am going to look as a bridesmaid in November. I just keep thinking about how I am going to ruin the photographs because I am so big and haven't lost much weight. I need to take a reality check of this situation because feeling stressed and bad about myself for this wedding is only going to make the photographs look worse.
So my body stock-take is:
- I have been approximately 100Kg for the last 3 years I think. Bride has always been aware of what I look like and when she asked me to be her bridesmaid the last time she saw me, I was 100Kg. So, she wouldn't have asked me to be a bridesmaid if she was worried about how I look.
- Now when she asked me to be a bridesmaid, I weighed approximately 100 Kg. If I had been perfect and lost 0.5 Kg every week since then, I could have been 86.5Kg by the wedding. If I had been perfect and lucky, I could have lost 1 Kg every week since then and could have been 73 Kg by the wedding. I guess, I could have also put on weight since then and been a lot heavier than I am now and I haven't - I have lost a total of 6.3Kg this year so that is a bonus!! Now, there are seven weeks until the wedding. I am capable of losing between 3.5Kg and 7 Kg in this time. If I lose 3.5Kg, I can be 91.8Kg by the wedding. If I lose 7Kg, I can be 88.3Kg. My goal is therefore to be somewhere close to 90Kg by the wedding and that will be a big achievement.
- It was suggested to me that to lose the weight for the wedding, that I should do a liquid diet or a lemon detox. But, I don't want to do that. I don't care enough to compromise my health and my long term healthiness to do one of those crash diets that would just make me miserable. I am sure that if I did a liquid diet and deal with my workload at work leading up the wedding, I would probably wind up in hospital for burn out around the wedding time anyway and I don't want that so that is out of the question.
- I have lost 6.3 Kg this year which is a big change for me. I have had a lot of people comment about how good I am looking and my clothes are fitting better. Jeans that I couldn't do up earlier in the year are baggy on me now!! So, if people are noticing me looking better from losing 6Kg, losing another 6-ish Kg is going to make me look even better - a nice bonus for the wedding hey!!
- Even though I am proud of my 6.3Kg weight loss this year, I haven't been following the program well. I haven't been exercising enough. I haven't been tracking well and I haven't been drinking enough water. It's time to get tough. I need to commit to a tough 7 week commitment plan. I will have blips in this time but I need to get back to the tough plan. The tough plan is at the bottom of this post.
- Another thing that I think is also defeating me is that when I am not at work, I spend a lot of time on this blog writing lists and dreaming etc which isn't actually helping me shift the weight at the end of the day. So I am going to limit myself to only going onto this blog every three days. The next time I come here will be Sunday. Instead of spending a heap of time on here and other useless websites, I should be planning meals, drinking water and moving more!
- This is another bad habit of mine but I want to do the whole amazing what-if thing - you see, I want to see what amazing goal might be able to be achieved if I stick to the tough plan to a tea for 7 weeks and if everything falls into place right for my body. I think it would be amazing to be able to lose 1.5Kg every week for 7 weeks. If that could happen, I could be 84.8Kg. I will be happy though to be as close as I can be to 90Kg.
THE TOUGH PLAN:
- In the next 7 weeks, I need to do 28 x 30 minute intense cardio sessions (like I used to do with the personal trainer). Below, I have 28 markers...these will change colour for every intense cardio session that I do...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Everyday I MUST:
- Drink 2L of water everyday. The only other beverages that I will have are a maximum of 1 coffee and 1 cup of tea a day. No alcohol, juices, cordials etc will be drunk except for limited amounts at the 30th birthday party and the hens day.
- Do weights/stretches every night - a minimum of: 20 sit-ups, 20 side sit-ups, 20 leg raises, 20 squats and 20 arm exercises.
- I will track and balance my points each week. When I have a blip in the tracking, I will not make the blip a monsterous BLIP - i will get back on track straight away.
- I will get 6 hours of sleep each night.