Monday, September 21, 2009

Tracking can be done...

and that is my challenge for the next two weeks. I am a tragic tracker - I am not consistent enough. But, I do know that whenever I have tracked, I have had the biggest losses. So, starting from today, I am going to challenge myself to track well for the next two weeks. Starting this on the holidays should make it easier for me.

I have been doing the depressing holiday thing (I always get depressed at the beginning of the holidays) and by 11.00 a.m., I have managed to down my 23 points for the day already! But, if you are a tracker (which I am going to be for the next two weeks at least!) you can work it all out can't you?!! I have written down what I will eat for the rest of the day (water, water, water, fish, greens, piece of fruit) and if I also do: 1 hour extra cleaning, 20 minute walk and 20 minutes intense weights, I will be able to balance my points for today and have a 3 point buffer. So, that isn't so bad and by doing this tracking thing I have learned that I am not going to waste points before lunchtime tomorrow!

I also seem to spend a lot of time on my holidays doing the "I wonder what my weight will be by...". So I am going to indulge in what might be possible. I have learned that I tend to be able to lose 300 grams a week on average quite comfortably. So, by Christmas, I could be down to 90.3Kg and if I push a bit harder a few of those weeks, I am capable of getting to be under 90Kg by the end of the year. That would be FABULOUS! It would mean that in 2009, I would have lost 10Kg - great! That is definitely possible and I want to get there so badly so I am going to keep making good food choices. I am really proud of how I have been deciding not to indulge on certain treats and eating smaller portions. Now, I have to focus on tracking, upping the intake of water and upping the exercise. Is it too much to take on all of those three at once? I am on holidays. I really want to accomplish the tracking thing in the next two weeks. If I think of the beauty benefits of drinking water, I find it easier to drink it. At the moment, I know that a lack of regular exercise is holding me back. But, for now I will try and fit in a few more walks, incidental exercise at the beach with the visitors and a few more weights sessions.

Now, some more crystal ball gazing... If I can keep losing on average 300 grams a week, I can be 84Kg by my 30th Birthday; 75Kg by Christmas 2010; and, at goal by my 31st Birthday. Now, that is incentive to go and get walking each day!!

On a last note, remember that a snickers bar is 5.5 points - so not worth it for me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment