Saturday, July 4, 2009

Knowledge: Exercise required to burn off certain treats

I am planning to use this space to learn about how to lead a better, healthier life. Here is some interesting info...

For a person that weighs 100Kg (which is me!), it will take the indicated minutes of exercise to burn off the following treats.

2 scoops of ice cream......31 mins (walking 5Km/hr) or 13 mins (weight training)

plain donut......43 mins (walking 5Km/hr) or 18 mins (weight training)

lamington......29 mins (walking 5Km/hr) or 12 mins (weight training)

60g chocolate bar.....45 mins (walking 5Km/hour) or 19 mins (weight training)

med french fries.....56 mins (walking 5km/hour) or 24 mins (weight training)

Source: http://www.weightloss.com.au/articles/healthy-diets/food-treats-are-they-worth-it.html

I believe in the weight watchers method of points tracking but I think if I want to eat any of the above items in the future, I will calculate them as part of my points but I will also ensure I add in the extra exercise within that week to counteract these treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment