Saturday, July 4, 2009

Free food is not really free but I have the power to balance.

We scored a heap of free chicken from the butcher today - food that we wouldn't normally buy and cook. But, it was closing time and they gave it to us and said that it had to be cooked tonight or it wouldn't be okay. I think I should work out the points of what I ate today to see what I ate.

Let me see...

(I'm not yet in the right place to publicly write what I exactly eat for the world to see...maybe I should get to that stage quickly so it pushes me into gear)

Total points so far today: 24.5

Wow! I am amazed that I only went 1.5 over my points allowance. I can easily save that tomorrow. When I actually look through my list of food though (yes I have a list of what I ate for my eyes only), I didn't balance my food around all of the food groups appropriately.

I was planning to skip dinner but I may need to eat a bit later...I may pick from the following list if I get hungry:

1/2 orange 1/2 point
3 strawberries 1/2 point
coffee 1/2 point
popcorn 1 point
+ drink my water ---I've had NONE today

So, if I eat all of that after what I consider to be a fairly crappy day of healthy eating, I could be up to 27 points -- that's 4 points over my daily points allowance.

Now, I have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday left before weigh-in to balance that out. I will plan to have 22 points on Sunday, 22 points on Monday and 21 points on Tuesday and should be sweet.

Now, an issue I am struggling with at the moment is snoring. I snore every time I sleep...it embarrasses me if I sleep at other people's houses and I am concerned that I may have a sleep disorder as I seem to wake up gasping for air. I think I will make an appointment to get it checked out at the doctor. I also want to check out the doctor how long she thinks I can put off having children as T isn't ready yet but I want to make sure that I don't miss out.

Now, it will make me feel better tonight if I tidy the house, do some washing, catch up on the ironing and get a whole class of marking out of the way. :) x 4 and I can be extra :) if I also do some exercise - I think I might do some sit ups, push ups and squats tonight.

So far, this blog is helping me to stick to the track. Without it, I would have assumed that I was off the track and gone to town being off the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment