Saturday, November 27, 2010

On the way

Well I am very proud of myself!

I usually am fantastic at committing to my weight-loss plan but slow to gain much action. Well, not today - I have just come back from a one hour walk to the shops and came back with a very heavy bag of groceries. And, I got salad and no junk into my grocery bag too.

I puffed, felt the muscles in my legs, got a red face and sweated!! I had to get out of my comfort zone (living in a popular tourist destination means that I had to walk past about 100 people in bikinis during my walk).

Husband asked me to get two things for him - smokes and potato chips. I thought hard about not buying both but I ended up only buying him the smokes. He needs to sort that one out or, at least, I will support him when he is showing signs that he is really ready to give up - I know he will not go past the end of the year still being a smoker - he is very strong.

I didn't get the potato chips...yay! Firstly, I sad no in my head because they are a waste of points (excellent thinking) but then my brain said "It's only one bag and he really likes them before dinner". Writing that here seems ludicrous! But, it seemed to make sense in the shop. Anyway, so I let that silly talk make sense to me in the shop and I had a look at the bags of chips. I thought about the other things I had in my trolley - milk etc and thought a bag of chips is only going to get crushed on my walk home. So, I looked at the Pringles and they were too expensive. I decided not to get chips for those reasons - another positive of going for my walk :). One day the right thinking will be part of my shop though.

On the way home, I thought about drinking water and remembered two other things I get into my head when I am losing weight:

(1) I am only going to drink water and have the odd glass of juice for a treat, with only one alcohol day per week - only when I have something to celebrate; and,
(2) I am going to slow down and enjoy every mouthful - I didn't realise how fast my eating had gotten again until I had dinner with some friends the other night and had to slow my self right down so I didn't embarrass myself.

I also planned our dinner on the way home: Fish with coriander and lime dressing and a big green salad. I might have a small portion of oven-baked hot chips ready for husband when he gets home so that he copes with a light dinner.

5.8Kg is definitely going by the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment