Saturday, January 9, 2010

Frustration led me to FlyLady

I was so frustrated today with not getting everything done that I wanted to get done and feeling that all of the chores fall onto me and I typed into Google: +frustrated +husband +clutter +disorganised

Within a few clicks I have found flylady.com - it is the greatest. It is just like weightwatchers in a way but about organising your life and cleaning your house, keeping it clean, through baby steps! I am so excited about this!

Taking on what I have been learning, I am going to make baby steps and tonight before going to bed I am going to:
1. shine my sink
2. work on my spare room hot spot - 2 minutes
3. pick out my clothes for tomorrow and organise them before bed

Tomorrow morning before taking DH to work, I am going to:
1. get dressed and lace up my shoes
2. put out my hotspots - brown cupboard, dining table, brown chest - 2 minutes each
3. put a load of washing on and put in the drier

When I return tomorrow, I am going to:
1. shine my sink
2. get ready for mum and dad's visit
3. 5 minute spare room room rescue (day 1 of 27).

Before bed tomorrow night, I am going to:
1. keep my sink shining
2. lay out my clothes for the next day
3. put out my hotspots - brown cupboard, dining table, brown chest - 2 minutes each

Monday morning I will:
1. get dressed and lace up my shoes
2. put out my hotspots - brown cupboard, dining table, brown chest - 2 minutes each
3. put a load of washing on and put in the drier
4. shine my sink
Later on Monday I will:
4. 5 minute spare room room rescue (day 2 of 27).
5. come back to the website and review my before bed routine.

On Tuesday, I will be up to Day 10



1 comment:

  1. How cool is this! This is just what I need. Like you, I secretly love having a clean house, but as I have totally no idea how to achieve this (especially with four other pretty lazy people around here), I outwardly pretend I don't care. Will be making up some of my own goals thanks to flylady!

    Good luck with your weightloss this year and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I have had to do some serious soul searching as since October I have really only been dicking around hovering at the same weight. I have been re-evaluating and have decided to try and raise the bar a little to get things moving again. Let's make this "our" year!

    ReplyDelete